(This article and photos written and provided by Taylor Hay)
Hi “Uncle George”
I’ve put together an article for the website on Dad’s new Christen Eagle. I have included pictures too.
Here is the story behind the Christen Eagle
About 4 years ago Dad and uncle Merv went to Bendigo for a flying competition. While there dad arranged for a man to meet him there with a whole heap of bits and pieces belonging to a Christen Eagle Bi-Plane someone had already started building. Some parts were okay but a lot weren’t. Dads good old mate Uncle Merv felt sorry for the old eagle and offered his assistances in the rebuild of the Christen Eagle. I think Uncle Merv became very busy.
Here are some specifications on the plane.
- Aircraft scratch built from Mike Smart plans.
- Wing span:80 inches
- Motor:Desert aircraft 150cc
- Prop 30×12 XOAR
- Servos (9 in total), 1 throttle, 1 choke, 2 elev, 1 rudder and 4 aileron.
- Rhino electronic kill switch.
- Futaba 9 channel PCM rx, twin rx batteries.
- Boomer rc maxi packs LiFe 2700mAh x 2sx2p,
- Ignition: 1700 LiFe x 2s
- Exhaust—mtw canisters.
- Aircraft colour Jones Air Beach Pitts Special.
- Paint job—Spies Hecker 2 pack cob (clear over base coat)
- Panoramic Signs cut the decals.
- Blue & white Solartex covering
- Prop 30 x 12 prop .
- Weighs about 34 pounds
Look at more pictures below –