Note: The images below are using a new method of display. You can “Start” a slideshow or just click << or >> to move back or forward through the images one by one. Any feedback welcome.
As written elsewhere on this site, we have been very fortunate to have been provided a new area from which to operate. For the purposes of maintaining a record of the relocation and the efforts of the members that made this all happen, I’ve listed below a chronological order of the events.
- April 11 – Geoff completed the install and final fitting out of the toilet. Now we have a flushing urinal, sink, porta-loo (to be replaced evetually with a composting toilet), shelves etc. TOP JOB on the toilet Geoff and his band of helpers along the way. The clubhouse also looks great and well done to all that participated in making this possible for all members. Pictures of the competed area are below. (The temporary fence around the clubhouse is there while the sheep are there and we review options for a better fence around the clubhouse.)
Geoff and Terry had finished fitting the wall panelling inside the new toilet. Geoff invited Mike H into the toilet with him. Next Geoff shuts the door! Getting worried anyone?
We’re all on the outside wondering what’s going to happen and we hear Geoff say “It’s okay Mike, you’ll get used to it after a while”!! We all erupt in laughter and Geoff opens up the door to see what all the laughter was about. We tell him what we heard and he said “I was referring to the lack of light in the toilet”.
OK Geoff, we believe you.
- April 8 – I was at the V8’s on Saturday and from the racetrack I could see thousands of sheep in our paddock. The first thought was the clubhouse concrete verandah’s. When we arrived my worst fears were confirmed. What a mess!! Back in the car and off home to get the Karcher pressure cleaner. It was a full day to clean it. Thanks Bill, Kerry and Tanya. The rest of the team spent the day on more productive tasks; The toilet cubicle walls lined, painted, stainless steel sink and urinal fitted – Geoff and Terry at work.Shelving was put inside the machinery shed. Geoff again assisted by Merv. Mike Hope finished the skillion roof. All the firewood was moved from the barbecue area to the southern side – Kerry, Fred, Tanya and Terry. The girls fitted the curtains made by Tanya (thank you) and reorganised the layout – great job Kerry, Faye and Tanya. Faye donated covering for the benches and new tablecloths – Thanks Faye! Kerry donated the barbecue cover, paint and clubhouse supplies. Fred (I’d hate to count how much he has donated) and many others have donated too – not to mention the extraordinary time contributed by a lot of people. The club and members owe them all a big thank you.
- April 5 – Mike Hope, Bill H and Merv C fitted the skillion roof to the new extension.
- April 3 – What a great day today! A lot was achieved; A 6m x 3m verandah extension to the clubhouse is well underway. All the framing and roof joists are in place. Also today the toilet cubilcle was constructed by building a wall inside the eastern side of the machinery shed. Geoff has purchased a neat stainless steel sink and a stainless steel urinal is being fabricated. Not to mention the cleaning of the barbecue and the inside walls of the clubhouse as well as the painting of the fixtures inside the clubhouse. A new cover for the barbecue was also purchased. More work to be done but a very productive day starting at 9am and finishing at 5pm. The members should be very pleased with the progress and the layout.
- The team on duty today – Fred, Geoff, Merv, Terry, Mike Hope, Bill, George and not to forget the girls, Kerry, Faye and Tanya (who did the cleaning and painted the fixtures – and supplied tea and biscuits).
- April 2 – Toilet access door at the rear of the machinery shed and drainage installed. – Peter & Craig Stokell and George
- March 2013 – By the end of March, the clubhouse was effectively back in action. Great work by all involved – Geoff, Terry, Mike, Fred, Merv, Bill, Greg, Doug (who donated and fitted the tiles around the workbench), Richard, Kevin, Dave, Malcolm, Owen, Alice, Faye & Kerry (Have I missed anyone?) (The best I could contribute was my generator!!)
Assembled below are some photos (which I’ve now reordered to have the most recent photos showing first. By doing this you can see at a glance whether there are any new photos uploaded) – I wasn’t here for all the move so thanks to Bill Hellinga who filled in as resident photographer whilst we were overseas.
(I’ll update the photos with some new ones this month.)
- February 2, 2013 – Reassembly of the clubhouse commences.
- December 10 – Clubhouse dismantled (all parts numbered for reassembly) – Well done to Terry Pearson, Richard Cooper, Mike Hope, Bill Hellinga, Merv Cameron, Fred Willis,. Owen Cameron, Geoff Hays and Mike Madden. Big effort by the boys to do this!!
- October 24 – Erection of machinery shed commenced. Peter & Craig Stokell and George
- October 19 – Clubhouse and Machinery shed slabs were poured. Peter & Craig Stokell & George
October 17 & 18, 2012 – The first sod was turned. No shovels for this effort; in came the excavator. Then the formwork was constructed. Peter & Craig Stokell, Fred & George